Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Beauty of God's Grace

So I work at a daycare with 3-6 year olds in the morning hours and then in the afternoon its anywhere from pre kingergarten to 6th grade. Anyways...there is this one girl that really just inspires me of how well she behaves and how mature she is for her age being a 3rd grader.

So we sat down and we colored together...we were coloring Valentine's pictures. We started to talk...and the first thing she said was...you know I just never thought in the beginning that I would be friends with you since you are a *staff* member so to say.....but I'm glad that we are friends. I really like you. (I really didn't know how to respond to that, but it was so beautiful.) Then we just continued talking while we were coloring together and she had asked me for my phone number because she wanted to know what time American Idol was starting since we both LOVE the show and it's about the only show I watch....so we kind of have that bond there. So I gave it to her. Then she asked why I wasn't staying with my parents at home and instead staying with a family and babysitting...I told her because I'm working to pay off a student loan because I'm gonna be a Sister and she was asking if I was going to be working here...and I hesistated and said that I probably wouldn't be working here because I'll be entering. Her eyes...just LIT up like you wouldn't believe! She said...YOU ARE? With a huge smile on her face, but yet a little disappointment. I said...Yes, I'm gonna be a Sister....Then she asked well how are you going to be able to keep in contact...I said well I will write to you when I'm a Sister and you can write me back....She was just booming...she was so excited. You could tell that she was inspired. Then we talked about parents and divorce...don't ask how we got on this but she was just asking tons of questions...and I felt like that *spiritual* mother...that God is so desirely calling me to...I've been doing a novena to St. Anthony of Padua...for my vocation...and the last day for the novena is today...and I'd say this is one great sign of the Lord...renewing that *call* and desire in my heart to be a spiritual mother for those children. I just pondered and said...to myself you never know...that I may be the only one for that child...to be there to listen to there heart and answer those questions. And that I may be the only one that may seem to love and care for her. Before I left she gave me two hugs. Beautiful...God's grace of how through one child...He can bring about such a beautiful soul....and connect one to another me being the spiritual mother...and bringing one closer to Jesus. Thank you Jesus....for this beautiful day of GRACE.

My prayers to you all...
God Bless You....

Ali